E: On Line Banking (was "Disappointment")

You may well get them to change what they're doing fairly quickly,
especially if it's only a matter of the login authentication routines.
Here are some facts you should know:

1.)	A major U.S. Federal lawsuit was settled when the defendants,
Bank of America, agreed to make their services accessible. Since then
other banks have followed suit--though not as thoroughly, obviously.
This stands to reason--only B of A is actually under scrutiny.

Still, the point is that we won and they lost. I'm sure your bank
doesn't want to be next on the hit list. Not that you need to threaten
any such thing, in fact it's best if you don't. My advice is to simply
point out that other banks have had to make major changes because of
failing to comply with clear provisions of the 14 year-old Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA). In particular, Bank of America has a clear
statement about accessibility of its services at the top of its main web
page--it's the very first link, as a matter of fact. Check it out at:

http://www.bankofamerica.com

So, you didn't say what/where your bank is, but you might want to give
them a call--or better still, pay them a little visit.

Let me know if I can help you move this forward.

Igor Gueths writes:
> From: Igor Gueths <igueths at comcast.net>

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group