From: "Kyrath" <kyrath@xxxxxxx>
To: "Speakup" <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 1:47 PM
Subject: progress, sort of *long*

Hi, I downloaded the slackware8 images and made the 2 floppies, and  I have
a null modem cable connecting my 2 pcs.
After reading the info on the slackware.com site, I found that you are to
type:
ramdisk console=ttyS0
at the prompt, right after the boot floppy stops and press <enter> to force
output to the serial port.
Well... it actually worked!  However, the target pc seems to have locked up
at the point where it asks for the route disk.