broad band connectivity advice

If you have a second computer available it can be used in a fire wall
router configuration even with a 16 bit version of dos on it.  Routers
cost less than computers though, and though I have a second dos computer,
I'm not prepared to risk exposing it to the wide open internet to protect
another machine without backing up its hard drive first.  The thing about
rp-pppoe is that not all versions of the package include the adsl-setup
script especially the more recent versions, so if possible keep
downloading until you come up with a complete package.