recording with sox

Folks,

I'm trying to record some stuff from cassette. I thought I'd try sox,
but seems I'm either daft or just not understanding the man page. Could
someone who has used sox or if there is a better alternative for
recording cassettes, share a commandline or two that might help?
I'd appreciate it. I've got a pile of items to record and really want to
try working on this as with several other projects.

Thanks in advance.
Scott