can't find serial port

Hi,

I've been having a problem with my DoubleTalk LT as well lately.
If I try to boot into Linux using ltlk the system locks up as tight as a
drum while loading the kernel.
If I use acntsa instead of ltlk the system boots and runs fine with the
exception, of course, that the codes for setting rate, pitch, etc are for
the Accent SA.  While this is workable as a temporary solution, it is a
pain in the arse when reviewing capital letters as it says 5P for every one
read.
While the unit seems to work fine under MS-DOS while using ASAP, I believe
there may be a problem with the cable.  I say this because when I run the
Test.com program that came with my unit, it tells me that the unit is not
working properly.
I've been trying to narrow my problem down, but it is difficult as I can't
take the molded plug apart to have someone check the wires, and the other
end of the cable is hard wired.
I suspect the DTR wire, but I'm not certain on this.
I guess I would suggest that you try the Test.com program to see what it
says for your unit.  You should note, that you can't have a screen package
running when you run the test, but it immediately exits the program at the
end, and you can then run your speech package if you have one to review the
screen.

Dave