accessing bank online

You may be right. Are there no contracts between government and the
credit unions? To the extent that there are, those services would need
to be accessible under 508. I would imagine this would easily show up
under pension management, if not under paying bills.

Whitley CTR Cecil H writes:
> From: Whitley CTR Cecil H <WhitleyCH.ctr at cherrypoint.usmc.mil>
>
> Hi Janina,
> I don't think 508 applies.  The federal credit unions are not part of the
> federal government (to my understanding).  They are also not contracted
> agents for the fed.  They are simply members only organizations that limit
> their membership to military, government employees, contractors and
> dependants.
>
> What would be really, really nice would be for congress to ammend ADA to
> require section 508 compliance of all whom are required to comply with ADA!
> Cecil

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group