Other Accessable mod Players?

Some months ago, I grabbed a copy of "mikmod"  It seems to play many formats,
however, it even says in the man page that it doesn't support wild cards.
Well, are their any other players with Fedora which will handle wild cards from
a command-line?  At least with mpg321 I can hit control-c and advance to the
next file, but I seem to not be able to do this with mplayer.  Ultimately, I
would like to switch to players which handle wild cards.  Thanks in advance for
tips-and-urls or even private atachments
Hart