Free TTS

<<Yes, but I'm not willing to buy a juno.  >>

That's fair!  Pity Speakup couldn't use a Keynote Gold or that PCMCIA
device which is ideal for laptops.

Software speech is only good at or beyond login.  The greatest benefit
of Speakup is that it works from the boot prompt to Power-down and has
been a great saviour for this alone.  I'm still using 1.0 too. How
much more does a newer version do?

GA!