Listen-up and bookshare

I haven't succeeded in getting listen-up to work with books from
bookshare.org although I can get it to work fine with all the books on the
iso Janina made.
I am aware of the discussion of daisy compliance a relates to bookshare
and I am aware that listen-up is in developmental stages.
I just want to know whether I should be having more success so I can
decide whether to search for what I am doing wrong or just wait for
further developments in daisy and/or listen-up.
When I say I can't get listen-up to work with bookshare, I mean that I can
use the menus fine and hit open in files but nothing happens; I go to play
and enter on that and still nothing happens. But listen-up works
immediately and easily when I use the books on the iso. I also notice that
the books on the iso have a lot of mp3 files, whereas I see no mp3
extensions on what i am getting from bookshare. there are other
differences in the extensions from the two sources also.
Since I'm not getting books from either source to work using
emacspeak-daisy and am getting no feedback whatsoever as to what my
problem might be with that program, I'm getting frustrated, but I can
handle some frustration
if I either know what I need to fix  on my end or
rule out that this is
something I can fix.
I can at least read the text of most of the bookshare books by coping the
.xml files to .html extensions and reading them but this isn't really how
one is supposed to have to read a daisybook.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl