Cut question

Thanks, I appreciate that help and will put it in my reference folder.
What I actually ended up doing was piping df into cut without grep.  That
eliminated the multiple spacing so a "\ " delimiter let me pick of field
11 (the relevant one).  Will have to get acquainted with awk.  Do you know
of beginner documentation?