cvs currently suspect

Ok,  I'll try it again--I think operator error was why it didn't work for
me the first time--I forgot that Slackware installs the kernel in
/boot/vmlinuz and that the command "make install" throws everything out in
the root directory.  Although I'm not having anything major seeming to
happen right away, I'll compile another kernel just in case.