mutt problems after upgrading glibc

Thanks. I upgraded slackware/l/glib*.tgz, and it works now.

This machine started out running slack 8.1, mostly upgraded to 9.0,
and now just a bit to 9.1. I should probably break down, trash the
entire system, and do a fresh reinstall of the newest version of
slack. However, that would mean setting up a box to temporarily act as
my server, and it would mean a full day or 2 to set everything up, and
to make sure that the system is secured properly before putting it
back on-line.

Besides, this box will be 4 years old in January, and the hardware is
slowly, but surely showing it's age. So, I was hoping to build myself
a new server in the not too distant future, and do a fresh install on that, with the old box still
running, instead of setting up a temporary server, trashing this one,
and doing a fresh install, for probably not too long a period of time,
given this machine's age.

I am also playing with debian, in hopes of having more options in
terms of which distro I want to go with, when the time comes for a new
server. So far, I am very impressed with the package management
system. In fact, with the amount of binary packages available in
debian, I estimate that I could have my server fully running in about
6 or 7 hours, as opposed to a day or 2 with slackware, where I would
need to build most of what I use from source, only bind, proftpd, ssh,
and apache would be the exception here.
However, I am very used to /etc/rc.d, and various other things
different between debian and slackware, and old habits die hard.

Who knows, maybe this box will suddenly die one day on me, and force
the issue (smile).

Greg