another question on frame buffers

I have been getting the following from the logcheck program.

ModProbe Begin ------------------------

Can't locate these modules:
   char-major-81: 2 Time(s)
   fb0: 2 Time(s)

 ---------------------- ModProbe End -

I understand that everything should be in the stock Fedora kernel, but
seems that even if I try running fbset I get an error that says
open /dev/fb0: No such device

I'm not sure and perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but maybe I need
to add something to the modules.conf file? I'd like to resolve this and
perhaps after all these years I could even get my all-in-wonder video
card's tv tuner working. DOn't now why, but well geez I've had the thing
for years and never could get it going. Any advice appreciated.

tia
Scott