lynx and openssl: was visiting google

One big question here, Does your new version of lynx work with SSL
without those awful SSL errors?  I keep getting an "SSL error, unable
to locate local issuer" or something like that.  I hit enter and keep
going but it is annoying none the less since I have to hit enter twice
or more for every SSL link I cross.
Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.9 (06 Oct 2002)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.6d
Built on linux-gnu Feb 24 2003 22:29:50

Anyway, I wonder if beta16 is past this problem?