two partitions mounted under same directory

Hi

I currently have a 4gb disk which I originally used as follows:
hda1 is  3.75 gb mounted as /
hda2 is swap.

Now I have added a new 10gb hard drive, hdb.  I know I can repartitoin
stuff, and have separate home partitions and everything, but can I have both
hda1 and hdb1 mounted as /?  In other words, will the OS just give me a
13ish gb / partition?

Thanks, Saqib