Possible problem with term types?

Hello, list.
For a couple of versions of Red Hat now I've noticed a problem I've not
been able to nail down the problem. When a sub shell such as screen, su, etc
are launched speak up and even yasr want to read the bash prompt every
single time a key is pressed.
However, when I switched my shell from bash to csh this problem completely
vanished. Is this a general bash problem or does Red Hat have some problem
handling term types when sub shells like screen are launched?
If anyone has a fix for bash working properly in screen please let me
know. Otherwise I'll just have to stay with csh which seams to work fine.