Oops my mistake.

Hi, after looking at the problem it appears speakup isn't the reason the
build failed. I had thought keyboard.c was a part of the speakup source
seeing that it followed imediately after tehe speakup build, but it
appears it has something to do with Mandrake's kernel.
In particular linux/drivers/char/keyboard.c which won't compile.  My
aappologies to anyone who read my previous post.
Guess I should look at errors more closely.