pine and different message rolls

I had asked a while back about how to set up pine with different message
rules so I can reply or send from different email accounts. I'm noticing
that I'm having a problem with one of those rules.

my first roll (freenode) works fine, lets me send messages fine, no
problems. my second roll I set up earlier seems to not want me to send
from that address, even though it's acting like it is. does anyone have
any ideas?