proftpd problem

Hi all. I am currently using proftpd-1.2.6rc2. I am having problems when
attempting to designate incoming as an upload directory. Even when I chmod
777 /home/ftp/incoming and chown -R ftp /home/ftp, I still get a
permission denied message when trying to upload anything. This even occurs
when I try writing to my own home directory (/home/igueths). In the past,
this used to work when I had anonymous access enabled. However, when I
comment out all the anonymous directives in proftpd.conf, this method no
longer works. Could upgrading to proftpd 1.41 fix this problem? Note
however that I can download from any directory under /home/ftp just fine.
Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks!

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.