kernel patches for security

Folks,

I don't know about all distros, but I assume patches can be had even for
stock kernels. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the various
kernel patches I've been seeing that one can get for Debian that deal
with this or that security matter. I wonder first of all if any of these
patches are of any value and if there was any issues with them with
respect to Speakup.
Some seem to offer protections for various hacks, but again not sure
if there are any advantages in using them or not.

tnx