Apollo and fedora

Hi
Well, technically speaking, you don't have to do this, but it is a good
idea to do so. Firstboot is a first-time configuration tool that pops up
when you first boot your fedora system. However, this tool is entirely
x-based, so its value to us as blind users right now is marginal, at best.
I've not yet checked to see if, in fact, gnopernicus would provide us
access to this but I'm enclined to doubt it. If you don't disable this,
you're going to be pushing the enter key lots of times just to get to a
login prompt.
This does not, however, stop the system from coming up in X, to do that you
need to edit /etc/inittab and find the line saying:
id:5:initdefault
and change it to
id:3:initdefault
You can do this right after you've disabled firstboot. It would be nice if
they actually asked this during install, I mean, if you use the text mode
install then isn't there a possibility that you'd want text mode when you
rebooted?
HTH