order of jacks on sblive soundcard: problem solved

Chuck, you just inadvertently solved my problem!!!
I was getting nothing through my speakers when I hooked something up to "line in" unless I put the speaker plug in 'line out"; then of course it was distorted and staticky.
The reason for this was that I wasn't thinking of that speaker jack as a 'rear" speaker jack.
I upped all my rear audio control values and it's fine.
Thanks again!!!

Cheryl