Any advice for Zinf?

Since Zinf seems to be fairly popular, I have downloaded and installed it.
I've finally got it to play audio from my computer, but can't convince it
to play any streaming content like Shoutcast.  It just sits their and does
nothing.  I'm wondering if it's a firewall issue?  Do certain ports need
to be open, and if so, which ones?  Secondly, what little documentation I
can find indicates that it will play a CD as well as just files.  Does
anybody know if this can be done from the command line?