shared object: libaflib

Tried listen-up with a bookshare book; I knew it wasn't supposed to work but wanted to see what happened.
The error I got involves libaflib.so (sorry I don't have the version number in front of me) which from my google search appears to be part of jMax; this appears to be a kernel patch, though I could be wrong about this. Are we going to have to patch jMax or will there be another workaround for this? I also saw rpm's for jMax (I think suse was mentioned in the google reference) but didn't find anything else; no debian package for instance.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Cheryl