speakup as part of the kernel

Hi listers:

I have been only loosely keeping up with this list, so, forgive me if you
all have heard this before.

I just wonder if you have given up on Speakup becoming part of the kernel
code.  I know this was something that you were hoping for, but, I haven't
heard much lately on that.

Sorry if this is old hat--I can't keep up with absolutely every piece of
mail that gets sucked in here.

Thanks!