file viewing with bookmarks saving?

Hi all.  Just wondering what folks are using, if anything, to view a
textfile, with bookmark capability.  Maybe something similar to our
faithful old dos program readit?  I was wanting to use less, and I see
where you can set marks in it, but I'm gathering there's no way to save
such marks upon file exit.  Am I overlooking anything out there?  Thanks.