Is it possible to get Via Voice talking on a Debian System with alsa?

Hi

Thanks to all of you who offered your views on my request.  I'd
purchased Dectalk rt for  linux and I wanted to see if I could get
ViaVoice to work.  I didn't realise how buggy it had been for those who
had managed to over the old libraries etc.  Nor did I suspect that
anyone had tried with the latest alsa version.  Afterall, some of the
bugs were not down to ViaVoice but to alsa.

I'd still like to try to see if it'll work on this system that's
currently using alsa 0.9.5 to drive a Sound Blaster Live but it'll have
to wait.

Cheers.

Gena