where did viavoice go?

Yes these should work with emacspeak, but you only need
the TTS rtk (runtime kit) for that. You need to go into
the emacspeak servers directory, then go to linux-outloud
directory, type make to build the program there, then go
back to the servers directory, and type tcl outloud to
set up emacspeak for viavoice.

Note the following, on my system I also had to do this:

1) If you get a message that says
    undefined symbol: __gxx_Personality_V0
    when trying the tcl outloud command, then
    edit /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-outloud
    and change line 13 in the Makefile to look like this

    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -g -o $@ tcleci.o -ltcl -ldl -shared -lstdc++

    (the -lstdc++ flag forces it to use the C++ libraries

2) If running the tcl outloud command gives you an error,
    you might need to comment out the line that says
    notes_initialize in the outloud script:
    /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/outloud

    I think this affects the audible prompts but it got the
    TTS working for me with viavoice.

Doug