Installing keymap?

Hi, list. About a couple of months back Bill had given me some instructions
on how to properly install some custom keymaps I had. I remember I hat to
make a tarball, install it somewhere, and then edit a file.
Could someone please give me those directions again? I seam to have lost the
directions, and would like someone to please send them again. Thanks.