checking .iso immages to see if they downloaded correctly

Hello I have a windows xp machine and was reading a redhat manual online
that said there was a mb5sum program to test and see if the .iso files
downloaded properly. Will this program run under windows xp from a command
prompt? I had some what I think were bad burns and don't want to waste cd's
again. Thanks for any help on this. Also is the new speakup ho to up yet?