rainmaker.wunderground.com and "no data available"

I remember this problem being discussed some time ago, but can't remember
if it was ever solved.  When I telnet to rainmaker.wunderground.com from
my Linux box connected to my new cable modem, no matter what city I enter,
I get "no data available."  If I go in through my ssh connection to a
shell account on my old ISP, it works just fine.  Any clues as to why this
is?