mplayer

At 06:03 AM 8/14/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I used the debian installer to install mplayer; I am trying to use it
>with streams as I don't have a dvd. But having read Johan's guide from
>several months ago, I am a bit confused. do I also need to download and
>install the other files in addition to what the debian installer does?
>strangely, the installer gave me no errors even though I didn't have
>xlib6g on my system. So maybe I will have to re-run the installer now
>that I have this on my system.
>obviously
>I still have some configuring to do or something, because when I tried
>http://acw.activate.net/kplu/kplu.asx
>which was asked about on another list, I got
>
>Playing mms://wmr02sea.activate.net/kplu
>Connecting to server wmr02sea.activate.net:80 ...
>Connecting to server wmr02sea.activate.net:80 ...
>Cache size set to 16 KBytes
>Connected to server: wmr02sea.activate.net
>Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    Detected ASF file format!
>Detected audio codec: [divx] afm:4 (DivX audio (WMA))
>Requested audio codec family [divx] (afm=4) not available (enable it at
compile
>time!)
>Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound
>Audio: no sound!!!
>Video: no video!!!
>

>Exiting... (End of file)
>
>The debian mplayer installer page doesn't mention having to have other files,
>but it appears to me that this must be necessary. Should i just add in all
the
>files listed in the previously posted guide or have there been changes in
what
>is needed?
>Thanks.
>
>Cheryl

cheryl could you help me compile this mplayer or scould someone?
I have slackware 8.1 It is installed, so compile isn't the right word, but
it's complaining aabout /dev/mga_vid not being able to be opened.
I'm running kernel 2.2.20 for net support, but everything's working fine
other than mplayer.
if anyone can help, please email me privately.
Thanks.