samba: reading files from my Windows 2000 machine from my RedHat Linux machine.

IIRC, the SWAT package is sepparate from Samba in Redhat.  In Slackware,
they are one package, and the file to edit in Slackware is
/etc/inetd.conf.  In Slackware 8.1, it's all there and you just uncomment
the right line.  In Slackware 8.0, you had to add it to /etc/services and
add it to /etc/inetd.conf as well.