samba: reading files from my Windows 2000 machine from my RedHat Linux machine.

SWAT works fairly well with Lynx.  It has graphics, but they aren't
necessary at all to configure it.  It basically has options each followed
by help buttons for each.  You can certainly do it by hand, too.  It's
just a nice convenience to have around.