Install hangs at first boot

Hi, I think I know exactly what your problem is. Try checking the force
lba32 option on the boot loader configuration screen during install.
I had this problem on several of my drives, and checking force lba32 during
install fixed it.
That is on the same screen that you put in the lines to have speakup come up
talking on startup.