[wb8foz@xxxxxxx: [dclug] while Rome burns, we squabble over what color the flames are...]

Folks, I just had to share this with you. This is so amazingly funny. I
also had to tell you guys that I had a conversation with an adaptive
solutions vendor (no names) who stated "come on, we both know that Linux
is a toy." I just couldn't think of anything polite to say in response,
but I think I'll sit down and write him an E-mail and point out that in
fact Linux is not just a toy, but a tool. You can have fun, learn, be
productive, and much much more.
So, enjoy this bit my friends. Lets thank people like Kirk and all of
the Speakup community who have contributed so much to the open source
world and made such a great os accessible. I believe its just the
beginning.

Microsoft Fights Free Software at Pentagon

By Jonathan Krim Washington Post Staff Writer Thursday, May 23,
2002; Page E1

Microsoft Corp. is aggressively lobbying the Pentagon to squelch
its growing use of freely distributed computer software and switch
to proprietary systems such as those sold by the software giant,
according to officials familiar with the campaign.

In what one military source called a "barrage" of contacts with
officials at the Defense Information Systems Agency and the office
of Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld over the past few months,
the company said "open source" software threatens security and
its intellectual property.