possible sollution

please note my comments below.

--
Shaun Oliver

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2002, Alex Snow wrote:
>
> > The only upgrade I may try is windows xp to see if it's
> > really as good as microsoft thinks.
>

> If you do, think carefully before bringing it up on line.
> Because, when you do, M$ will know the serial number of every
> chip on your computer, and whether or not you have a license for
> every piece of costware you've installed.
Janina, from what I understand with all due respect, microsoft will only
know about their operating system and not too much more than that.
If however, I'm wrong, then that's fine I'll stand up and say so.
Having said that however, I think that it's that sort of scare mungering
that make microsoft the overbaring monopoly it is today.
This spying however, will only be a problem is people register the thing
over the net as I understand it.

> They're making a list, and checking it twice, and they're not
> Santa Claus, though they have been known to play him on TV.
Oh my god. please enlighten meI don't think we've had those vissions over
here in australia.
haha