changing names on a group of files

Hi all.
When I downloaded web braille for quite a while I just used the default
filename. Now i'm paying for it; the brf number doesn't tell me what the book
is, so I have to change the names. Is there any way to change the name on a
group of files. For instance, instead of moving all the volumes of a book
individually moving everything with the same number. right now i'm having to
change 0949701.brf 0949702.brf etc. to the new name. by using the buffer, I can
just arrow up and change the appropriate volume number on the original file and
destination file once i've done one volume, but this is still awfully slow.
thanks.