alsa with sblive

Yes, I am quite sure that i need to put in things like io or dma. My speakers
are making a slow noise and theyreact when I do other things, so I'm sure that
parameters need to be given in the /etc/modutils/alsa file. But I can't tell
from the list in the INSTALL file under the alsa-drivers source what I need to
put in or where.