dosemu debug

Greg, and anybody else who's interested, could you run dosemu with the -D+a -o
(file) option and see whether you get an error re: /var/lock needing to be run
suid root or if you get something else if your com ports won't work?
First go to /var and do
ls -dl lock
and see what your permissions are for it.
Personally, I think it's something in the dosemu code that is demanding suid
root for /var/lock instead of the permissions in linux but this would help me to
find out.
TIA.