help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Hey, Greg, that's outstanding!
I only need to translate and edit, not emboss. well, I do some translating to
.brf files but one thing at a time.
Would you mind sending me a copy of your dosemu.conf so I can see what you did
that made megadots work?
As for making the com ports work as root, I put /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 in the
respective com lines of /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf. I'm not sure whether this was
necessary or not, but I also put "emulated" in the "speaker" line. I didn't do
anything with irq passing or "ports" though I had tried this at one point just
as
user. I am mostly using brltty right now instead of speakup, and it quits on me
when i run dosemu as root but comes back when I exit dosemu. This is no big
problem as far as dosemu, because asap works fine, but means I can't read my
linux consoles while running dosemu as root.  I can run dosemu just fine with
brltty
as a user.
 This is probably because brltty requires suid root permissions. This might not
be a problem with speakup, especially if you follow Gene collin's advice on
this. I also put a 'mode" line in my autoexec.bat to make sure the com ports
would run at 9600 baud; they were showing up at 2400 in dosemu before I did
that. running msd within dosemu gives you a good indication of what is being
seen.