development questions

The Doubletalk LT already works with Speakup.

Sorry, can't help you with how the kernel patch works, but the keypad
is easy to redefine...I have one that uses two sections of the
keyboard with the right alt key for use with my laptop.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3  | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind