Linux desktop push could benefit disabled (fwd)

Well, it's a good thing that other companies have jumped on this, because if
the lastest headlines from slashdot are correct, Sun has dropped out of the
GNOME projects recently

On Wednesday October 17, 2001 10:25 am, wacker at octothorp.org wrote

[snip]
>    The project to develop the hooks needed for accessibility hardware and
>    software  was  begun by Sun Microsystems Inc. (Palo Alto, Calif.), but
>    has  now  gained  the help of a number of companies within and without
>    the  small  industry  that  focuses  on  accessibility for handicapped
>    people.  Among  them  are IBM, HP-Compaq and Linux proponents Red Hat,
>    Eazel and TurboLinux.
[snip]
>    "Gnome 2.0 has been completely redesigned; we're building full support
>    for  disabilities  into it," said Peter Korn, accessibility manager at
>    Sun, referring to the GNU project's Gnome platform for home and office
>    desktop PCs. "It's no longer just a Sun effort. We have gotten lots of
>    help from the open community."
[snip]