word dictionaries for speakup

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Janina Sajka wrote:

> PS: That's what my doubletalk says -- kurz wheel
>
> How did his machine do it?

His machine did it like that too, but the man himself called it Kurz
while.

It was a real breakthrough when it was new, but it left a lot to be
desired. I recall my first visit to the machine in the K.U. Library. Cindy
and I were shown how to make it gho, and were given a piece of paper to
read with the words to the Star Spangled Banner printed on it. We both
clearly heard the machine say,

"Oh say can you see
By the dawns early light
What so proudly we hailed