"drive not ready for command" error

Hello listers!
Perhaps some of you might know what this error means. As soon as I installed
Redhat7.1, I am getting the error "drive hda not ready for the command,
error 0x01", I believe. It looks like Linux does not recognize that DMA
transfering capabilities of my second hard drive. In any case, after a
minute of trying it disables the DMA transfer and continues to boot
correctly. Why would this happen with kernel 2.4.2 if it never happened
before?
Best regards,
Victor