Any ideas on how to edit the mail queue?

Hello, list!
Does anyone know if there is a way to intelligently edit the mail queue in /var/spool/mqueue?
I was looking for such tools, but cannot find any. Say, I have several
messages that have wrong addresses. Sendmail keeps on sending them
over and over again. How can I get rid o those messages without using
wild methods like deleting?
Best,
Victor