OT: Pipe it to /dev/null

Kirk Wood 09.03.01:

>Actually, cookies do more then you realize. While directly they are as
>inocious as you have noted, they can (and have) been used for much more
>then simple data storage. The method is rather simple (and proven). A
>company such as doubleclick.com contracts with many sites for
>advertising. When you visit the site it includes html to grab the banner
>from doubleclick.com's servers. The particular html code identifies where
>you currently are. The doubleclick.com drops a cookie that is then related
>to the visit.

  You are right. I looked one of those banners closer and and found
plenty of java script. Not sure about http protocol if only an image
will suffice to exchange cookies so disabling java would not help.

  Sometimes Lynx makes life too easy:->

--
Mr. Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 7, 41160 Tikkakoski, +358-40-5055239
ari.moisio at iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/arimo PGP-keyID: 0x3FAF0F05