tar archives

I just sent Frankie a note about an obscure (to me anyway) feature of
'less' which lets it invoke an 'input preprocessor' to decode an input
file and present it transparently to the viewer. Apparently my Slackware
installation created the necessary environment variable and decoding
script when less was installed, and evidently Frankie's installation did
not.

Eureka! Neither of us is crazy! (not on that account anyway).

Chuck

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (98% of Full)