tar archives.

Hi Shawn -
The parameters do not need the leading '-', and ordinarily you would use
four letters The first one is either 'x' or 'c' for "extract" or "create",
the next letter is either 'z' or 'y' for "gz" or "bz2", the third one is
'v' for "verbose", and the fourth one is 'f' meaning that the filename
follows. So what you want is:

tar xzvf filename.tar.gz

Hope that helps
Chuck
 On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Shaun Oliver wrote:

> Hi again guys. this might give yu an insite as to the errors I'm receiving.
> When I try tar parameters filename, I get a mesage sayint you must specify one of the Atracks options or something like that. the perameters I used were as follows.
> tar -vw eggdrop1.6.2.tar.gz thanks again guys.
> Shaun.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)