ld.so.conf and g++

Hi Frank,

I added /lib and /usr/lib to ld.so.conf, and ran ldconfig.
It said again that it can't stat.
Then I tried again to compile helloworld.cpp, and got the
same results as before.
Do you have any farther suggestions?
I'm thinking I might as well reinstall the whole system from scratch.
Yeah, big pain, but it's worth it
if it means I'll get the ability to compile
c++ programs back.
Thanks a lot for your grate help so far.
Greg